Monday, May 14, 2012

Bout of Books 4.0

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011*. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence. There are no set dates for Bout of Books; rather, Amanda tries to work with Bout of Books participants to determine the best dates for them.



My Goals
I am going to work a bit more on my presentation for Wednesday (Maimonides, anyone?) and then I will get back to reading The Fireman Who Loved Me by Jennifer Bernard. I heard about this book on two or three blogs, was sold after review 1 and had to buy it after review 2. It arrived some time last week and I had to read it as soon as possible - now!
I will be busy with university most of the time tomorrow, so I won't have much reading time then (other than on the bus/subway/whatever). On Wednesday, I have class in the morning (with the presentation) and in the afternoon I'll work, but after that I'm headed home to my parents for a long weekend. Thursday is a holiday here, so I will spend as much of the day with my books as I can. On Friday I have to work in the morning and then I have one class in the afternoon, but as I will be commuting from my parents', I will get about 3 hours of reading time in during that time alone. I don't know yet about the evening. Weekends I'm off.
So this is my basic plan for the week.
My all in all goal will be to read 4 books and prepare all the texts for next week up front (I never manage that on a regular weekend, so maybe this helps?)

Books To Read
I am very much a mood reader, so I can't really make a list. I wouldn't stick to it anyway. For now, I'm going to finish my current read. Everything else will be added in the following updates.

Updates

5/14
Number of books I’ve read today:1/2
Total number of books I’ve read: 1/2
Books: Jennifer Bernard's The Fireman Who loved Me

5/15
Number of books I’ve read today:1
Total number of books I’ve read:1
Books: Jennifer Bernard's The Fireman Who loved Me
I also started a Carly Phillips, but decided it was too slow for the moment.

5/16
Number of books I’ve read today:1
Total number of books I’ve read:2.5
Books: Rachael John's One Perfect Night & about half of Nancy Drew - The Hidden Staircase

I got some "wonderful" news today. Thanks to the Blockupy movement invading my hometown for the rest of the week and the weekend, I will have a 4-day weekend. Tomorrow's a holiday anyway and the entire university is closed down starting today. Also, I was told to not go to work (also for security reasons). As these protests go, you will always have enough crazies - last time we had a protest at/near university, they wrecked an entire building, and the last protest also ended with massive damage. Despite a big police presence, they can't guarantee anything, so I am securely holed in at my parents, an hour away from my place. Let's see how much reading I can get in!

5/17
Number of books I’ve read today:1
Total number of books I’ve read:3
Books:Nancy Drew - The Hidden Staircase

5/18
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Books:

5/19
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Books:

I have not managed to really get a feel for a single book these past 3 days. I had tons of time off, but instead of really digging a book I finally relaxed while shopping with my mom. (I'll post the results of this later.)

5/20
Number of books I've read today:1
Total number of books I've read:4
Books:Caroline B. Cooney - The Face on the Milk Carton


1 comment:

creativedeeds said...

Great goals! Good luck and have fun!